In time of test, Family is best!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wow, after thinking about everything my family has been through this last year I get teary-eyed thinking about the wonderful friends and family that I am blessed with. There were times when I think this was harder on Erika than me. She took over daddy duties for a long time in addition to all the mommy duties she had. I have a wonderful mom who helped out a lot with the kids. Erika has a wonderful mom who flew out here to help out. Erikas dad and Beverly were there to help whenever we needed with whatever we needed. I can't even begin to name all the people praying for us and supporting us and calling on the phone and bringing things by the house to help make our lives easier. We had so much help and support that we owe so much to those who love us. I just want this to be a public thank you to everyone to let you all know how much we, me especially, appreciate all of you!
Erika, Jakson and Xander did more for me than I could imagine. You wouldn't think that a 5-year old boy could be much help, but Jakson was so considerate of me and the pain I was in and was ALWAYS there with a hug letting me know that he loves me. He would bring me drinks when I couldn't get out of bed and bring me blankets when I was cold. With a simple "I love you, Dad. I hope you feel better." my spirits were lifted. Xander was always there to bring a smile to my face. Such a sweet boy he wouldn't always know what to say, but was always kissing whatever body part he could reach, be it my hand, foot, or cheek. Both boys were always careful to not touch my stomach. The understanding they had of something they know nothing about was amazing. And of course Erika is the one that made it all happen. A sweeter person I have never known. They say that men are likely to marry someone who is like their mother. Erika reminds me of my mother in so many ways. The way she cares for others and her sweet, tender heart that can never say no. It's not easy to play nurse to a sick husband I'm sure, but Erika did it with a love and care and patience that only she could. Thank you.

0 comments: