New Kids On The Block!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No, I'm not talking about the pop group of the late 80's and early 90's. Although I will grudgingly admit that I did enjoy some of their stuff. There I said it. Go ahead and take my man card. Anyway, we just wanted to let everyone know that we are moved in to our new home and we LOVE it! Our first house was more of a "pig in a poke" and we wished we wouldn't have rushed into it. After a year of looking and analyzing every home we came across we decided on the one we're in now. After owning a house you start to realize what you WISH you had. We are extremely happy about the house we have now. We feel so comfortable where we are now. We've got room to swing the cat now! Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the house with me so I'll have to post some pictures later. Our neighbors are great so far! We actually had some people come help us move in. It was nice. Within the first two weeks we were invited to a couple different parties. And our neighborhood has boys! Jakson and Xander will have more friends here that aren't girls. Not that girls are bad, but I'm glad my little buddies have other like-minded (sports, video games, monsters, running around, throwing snowballs, causing just a little bit of trouble, that type of thing) kids to play with now. It seems that we're still 10+ years younger than most of our neighbors, but we're hoping to benefit from their wisdom. Some of our best friends are 10 years older than us so we have no problem with that!
We moved in the week before Christmas so the holiday season was pretty hectic. We did manage to get a Christmas tree on Christmas eve so Jak-Attak and X-Man got to put up some decorations and wake up to presents under the tree. We stuck with our tradition of leaving tacos for Santa as well. That Santa sure likes Mexican food! Keep it coming amigos!
Since Christmas we've been slowly unpacking boxes and getting all the rooms setup. We're mostly settled in now and we've got some things up on the walls. Everyday we live there we love it more and more. We are so thankful for the opportunities we have had so far in life and plan to take make the most of whatever comes our way. Thanks to all our friends and family who have helped and continue to help us out. I don't know what we would do without my family and Erika's family. We are blessed to be loved by such wonderful people. We come from the type of families people wish they had. We love you all!

2 comments:

Jamilyn said...

Step by Step...ooohhh baby...gonna get to you Giirrrlll!
lol
Glad you guys are getting settled! You need to have me down for a par-tay! j/k..ok...no really

Marzan Mania said...

Ummm, I don't think people wish they had a family like ours. HAHA!